This property at Corloughan comprises a former plant nursery, which is located in a very suitable location for many horticultural uses, as Piltown is in a very sheltered position in the Suir Valley, a renowned horticultural area. The property is situated in a low lying position, sheltered from prevailing winds.
The property has not operated for some years and is in need of being brought back to an operating standard. Photos of the property in full operation mode are available and give an idea of the potential of this property.
The lands consist of circa 11 acres in total and included in this area is:
- A very large, recessed entrance capable of access for articulated trucks.
- A substantial non metalled road network of c. 1.5km gives easy access to all areas.
- 3 phase electricity supply
- The Polythene Structures (4000 m2 in total) consist of one triple multi span (1600 m2) and 26 tunnels (2400 m2),
with woven ground cover and overhead irrigation.
- The outdoor growing area (10,000 m2) consists of 25 sections with overhead irrigation.
- Two deep well boreholes with an output of c 9,000 litres per hour fed to a water storage tank of 50,000 litres. It has two high output pumps circulate the water throughout the property.
- The irrigation is controlled by 4 control panels that are linked to over 50 solenoid valves in both indoor and the outdoor units.
The property is just 3 minutes from the N24 (Limerick) and 15 minutes from the M9 (Dublin) and N25 (Cork/Rosslare) routes. Convenient to Waterford City and just 2 Kms from the village of Piltown.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.